Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Memory

Other than vague recollections, my early childhood seems locked in the mist in the back of my brain. I can't  explain why, but I have lost the memories from that time, as if my first couple of years were lived in secret. Oh well. I do remember playing with a toy brontosaurus in the bathtub when I was no more than three. The bathtub was the same as it is now in my dad's apartment. Old white streaked with age. The water was pleasantly warm, and one of my parents, I'm pretty sure my dad, was with me. And that's all I remember. The faintest nugget I've been able to hold on to. I have heard stories though, which is always a fascinating experience. I feel like I'm hearing about a completely different person, surely it couldn't be me as i don't remember one detail. My father says I was a cheeky kid, one time bringing in one of those nose, mustache and glasses combo to daycare and mocking my instructor Mark. (His face looked just like the disguise, I've heard.) Anyways, that's about it. As I said, I really don't have much recollection of my early childhood. I feel I'm missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment